Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And what an interesting day it was!

This morning I had a hair appointment...which may not seem that interesting...but it is...so just listen. You see down here in London the busses are on strike. So I either cab it or walk it...i decided to walk it. I walked 40 minutes downtown and 40 minutes back, great morning cardio! Anyway it was hell on the way there because I was walking against the wind. You know when your ears start to ring because theres so much wind and they kinda hurt? Ya...hate that feeling. I was so cold that my cheeks starting burning..realized I got wind burn(yes!). So I walk into Starbucks headband halfway off my head, cheeks like Santa Clause, eyelashes probably stuck to my eyelids and scarf wrapped around my legs rather my neck. Then you know that sensation when you come from cold to hot and your body is BOLING...well then that happened of course. Anyway I went and tried their new "Caramel Brule" Christmas drink (ive literally tried the whole starbucks menu) and tip of the day: mix the wip cream into the drink..tastes a lot better. The drink itself was nothing special...tasted like a caramel latte accept this had brown sparkles on the wip creme...what schemers. I made a new friend too! The man next to me approached me about my outfit stating "its very 50s inspired my daughter would love it!". We then proceeded to talk about the weather (of course) and vintage clothing...so cool right?! I then went to my hair appointment which gave me an anxiety attack because Ive never been to this place before (and we all know how nervous we are about our precious hair). I got it dyed all brown for the winter, it looks clean and healthy and I love it! Me and the hair dresser chatted it up about musicians and our weak spot for them, shes rad.  After my hair appointment I  happily strolled to this camera place and found a beautiful pentax slr camera which im going to convince my parents to buy for me (seriously its beautiful and its only $100...which for the peolpe who know anything about pentax slr cameras..is an extremely good price). oh the joys of film!...oh the joys of having no money...school.....ANYHOW walked back...of course the wind would change so even on the way back I was walking against it. Went to class, received marks I wasnt glad to see, went to the library and studied, wrote a couple of songs and now im here...typing to you! Yes you! Currently listening to some Neil Young, hes the man! It was hella cold today here, definitely going to have to invest in a new winter jacket. I never realized how important money was until I didnt have any. I hate being on a student budget! AND i realized today that im almost done my first semester here! Swweeet, just a few more months to go!!!...and then i get to work a full time job! OH how I love thee life!- jessica diana





Bow Headband- Forever 21 $7
Striped Sweater- H&M
Blue Skirt- American Apparel
Vest- Value Village
Belt- H&M


My New Hair!!





No comments: